LED lighting – How It Can Improve Your Business
- Energy Efficient. Ok, so LED lights are energy-efficient. Why should you care? You just want to flick a switch and “viola” lights are on, time to get to work to make the world a better place. Imagine as you are about to start your day you decide to check your bank account only to see the electric company has gotten there before you, had a look around and took a healthy pound of flesh. If you had invested in the proper technology upfront the electric company would have gotten an ounce of flesh and you could be planning your next move with the money you had saved.
- Better work environment. The cost of doing business is increasing every day. there are many variables to consider, choosing the right environment for your most valuable assets – your workforce is not only the right thing to do but its also the best thing you can do for your bottom line. The turnover of top talent is costing companies billions in revenue every year and believe it or not the right lighting is a factor to consider when looking to acquire and maintain the top people.
- Increased mood creates happier employees witch, in turn, creates happier customers, this inevitability will see the bottom line grow. Harsh lighting can be a source of discomfort, stress, and headaches. Improper and dim lighting can lead to stress and a higher likely hood of mistakes. “Although humans cannot see fluorescent lights flicker, the sensory system in some individuals can somehow detect the flicker. Ever since fluorescent lighting was introduced in workplaces, there have been complaints about headaches, eye strain, and general eye discomfort. These complaints have been associated with the light flicker from fluorescent lights” According to the Canadian Center for Occupational Health and Safety https://www.ccohs.ca
- Safety – Line Voltage vs Low Voltage. Direct line voltage in the USA runs into your building at 120 v, LED lights use transformers to lower the voltage to 24v or 12v. As you can see the power coming to these lights is significantly reduced, if you have ever gotten a shock from a socket you might appreciate the step down in power. An oft-cited and a great way to think of line voltage to low voltage is to imagine water from a tap. Consider the water flow to be your electric current, the on/off switch has the electric come on full blast or not at all (120V). Low voltage can be viewed as a long hose from the tap with kinks and distance to slow the flow of water.
- Directional Lighting – Focus on the task at hand. Directional LED lights are a fantastic addition to any workplace environment. There is a myriad of options to choose from on the market at the moment. From color temperature to lamp type and beam angle. Choosing the right fixture, color temperature, and beam angle will help you optimize your workspace. No more shadows or blanket lighting, directional lighting through the use of proper beam angles helps you define your workspace and work functions.
- Designate different space uses. LED signage can be a fun way to designate a room. The signs help to brand your company for visitors to help with top of mind awareness T.O.M.A. With the flexibility in design, size and color LED and LED neon flex signs are a great option to brighten up your work and showroom.
- Fancy Chandeliers – The options for creativity with your workspace using LED technology has never been greater. Gone are the days when you would have to sacrifice design for function. If you can dream it there is a likelihood it has been created if not let’s get to work to make your vision a reality.
- Less heat – the battle for the right air temperature within the office is ongoing. Traditional light sources gave off a lot of heat in order to produce the light source. As a result, the air conditioner needs to kick in more often to regulate the optimum temperature. This costs more money on the electric bill but it also can cause people working close to the air vents to be cold and uncomfortable. We all handle temperature differently – I can remember working out of an office and sitting directly under that air conditioning vent.
Remember Your establishment needs proper lighting, this takes time planning and execution. Reach out to us today to learn more.
- Cut energy consumption up to 80%
- Provide a brighter / higher quality light
- Cut down maintenance Costs
- Expected ROI between (1.5 – 3 years)
- 5 Year Warranty
Want to attract more business?
Smart LED Concepts will work with your contractors and designers to create and illuminate custom lighting that will make your business shine.
Because Smart LED Concepts used LED fixtures in the venue, the running and maintenance cost is 70% less than venues that use traditional lighting methods.
Categories: Blog, Business, Commercial LED, Commercial Lighting, Electric, going green, Restaurant LightingDecember 18, 2018Share this post
A Guide to Great Landscaping Lighting
September 30, 2019LED Lighting Design Tips.
September 27, 2019Exterior LED Lights for Hotels
September 27, 2019Let’s talk about Flex…
September 24, 2019LED vs CFL
September 23, 2019Value Engineering & LED Lights
September 20, 2019NEWS & EVENTS
- A Guide to Great Landscaping Lighting
September 30, 2019
- LED Lighting Design Tips.
September 27, 2019
- Exterior LED Lights for Hotels
September 27, 2019
- Let’s talk about Flex…
September 24, 2019
ANY QUESTIONS? GET IN TOUCH! Please fill out the form below and our expert will be in touch shortly
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.