What and How of LED Lighting
A quick search on https://answerthepublic.com shows that there are over 175 commonly asked questions relating to LED lights. The questions are grouped into commonly searched terms on online search engines such as Google https://www.google.com/ and Bing http://bing.com. These questions are presupposed with “are”, “why”, “without”, “what and so on. Lets attempt to add some clarity to the subject by addressing some of the more popular questions
- What LEDs lights should I buy? Every project is very different in its size scope and nature, no matter what LEDs you choose you need to know their proper application to the project at hand. Quality and certifications are vital when choosing the right LEDs to pick. UL and ETL stickers and IP ratings must be decided before you look at the type of LED to buy. There are literally thousands of different fixtures and colors to choose from, do you need direct light, accent light, color-changing lights, what is your budget? The list goes on you should talk to an expert and state your desired outcome and they will help you reach your LED lighting goals.
- What LEDs lights for the kitchen? The kitchen is an interesting room you have functionality and hospitality all rolled into one. Directional lights with the proper color temperature ( MR16 s are a great option on track heads ) for the work areas of the kitchen. Then you have under the counter strip lights with an aluminum profile. Par lights – 6 or 4 inches to be inlaid in the ceiling. Cove and backsplash decorative strip lights to accentuate features and of course feature chandeliers if you so choose. As you see there are a lot of different things to consider when choosing the right light for your kitchen.
- What does LED Light mean? That’s easy 🙂 light-emitting diode I have this topic covered in greater detail in a previous link -along with a little bit of history with the humble diode. https://smartledconcepts.com/advantages-of-led-lights/
- What LED lights are bad for your eyes? Overexposure to the blue light in LED light can have an adverse effect on your vision causing some damage to the retina through overexposure. This is more of a screen issue than the LED lights that we sell at Smart LED Concepts. Most devices now come with a night mode that eliminates the blue light at night time to helps the bodys natural clock (circadian rhythm) to restore and regenerate.
- What LED lights are dimmable? All Smart LED Concepts lights are dimmable. There needs to be some caution exercised when looking to dimmable LED lights. Some of the major issues to avoid are Flicker, Flashing, Stuttering dimming, Insufficient dimming, Failed LED driver, Failed dimmer. Lux review covers this topic in greater depth in this article and we will on a future datehttps://luxreview.com/article/2016/02/10-things-you-must-know-before-you-dim-led-lamps
- How do LED lights work? Working Principle: A light-emitting diode is a two-lead semiconductor light source. It is a p–n junction diode that emits light when activated. When a suitable voltage is applied to the leads, electrons are able to recombine with electron holes within the device, releasing energy in the form of photons https://www.toppr.com/bytes/principles-of-led/ This is a very technical explanation but to the point, the below video is a much easier way to understand the journey on the LED light.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo6JI_bzUzo
- How are LED lights made? Again this is a very technical process and there are a lot of different resources out there that can provide much more detail on this – however here is a video showing the process in greater detail.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWpI9ld3t_8
- How LED lights save energy? We all know by now that LED lights are a great way to save energy and saving energy saves you money. But how, is the question that we will look into. Traditional incandescent lights create light by heating up a filament, the amount of light produced from the energy expended is quite low. LED lights, on the other hand, produce a lot of light for a much smaller amount of energy ( electricity ) Approx 95% of the energy used creates the light with 5% going to heat ( waste ) All you have to do is touch the different types of lights and see how hot they burn and compare the light from them, be careful traditional incandescent lights will burn your hand very quickly.
- How LED Lights help the environment? By saving energy LED light as a natural byproduct will be to help the environment. If everyone in the USA switched their lights to energy-efficient LED lights the number of carbon emissions would be reduced by a staggering amount. To do a deeper dive into this use a carbon emissions calculator like this one here https://www.rensmart.com/Calculators/KWH-to-CO2
- How LED lights change color? One of the great aspects of LED lighting is the versatility of the color options that they provide. Red, Green, and Blue (RGB) are the primary colors for light. The combination of different colors that these lights produce is a staggering 16 million-plus. The human eye is limited to only 10 million, still not bad. Using the right software and control systems enables you to create amazing effects through LED technology.
Remember Your establishment needs proper lighting, this takes time planning and execution. Reach out to us today to learn more.
- Cut energy consumption up to 80%
- Provide a brighter / higher quality light
- Cut down maintenance Costs
- Expected ROI between (1.5 – 3 years)
- 5 Year Warranty
Want to attract more business?
Smart LED Concepts will work with your contractors and designers to create and illuminate custom lighting that will make your business shine.
Because Smart LED Concepts used LED fixtures in the venue, the running and maintenance cost is 70% less than venues that use traditional lighting methods.
A Guide to Great Landscaping Lighting
September 30, 2019LED Lighting Design Tips.
September 27, 2019Exterior LED Lights for Hotels
September 27, 2019Let’s talk about Flex…
September 24, 2019LED vs CFL
September 23, 2019Value Engineering & LED Lights
September 20, 2019NEWS & EVENTS
- A Guide to Great Landscaping Lighting
September 30, 2019
- LED Lighting Design Tips.
September 27, 2019
- Exterior LED Lights for Hotels
September 27, 2019
- Let’s talk about Flex…
September 24, 2019
Categories: Blog, Business, Commercial LED, Commercial Lighting, Electric, LED Commercial lighting, LED Concepts, LED Design Products, LED DESIGNS, LED DISPLAYS, LED Lighting, Lighting, NEWS, Portfolio, Products, Residential, Restaurant Lighting, UncategorizedOctober 11, 2019Share this post